Drunk driving convictions in Arizona carry harsh mandatory penalties that are not discretionary by the judge. However, there are ways an experienced Arizona drunk driving defense lawyer can challenge your AZ DUI charges, and help you avoid harsh penalties. The Law Office of James Novak will work hard to get your DUI charges dismissed. In many cases it is possible. If not, he will make every attempt to get the charges reduced, or more lenient penalties on your behalf. Here are at least 7 examples of defense strategies The Law Office of James Novak might consider using to fight to get your DUI dismissed, or charges and penalties reduced depending on the facts of your case:
- An Arizona Drug DUI carries a mandatory 1 year loss of your Arizona drivers’ license. However, with the proper Arizona DUI classification of conviction you may only loose your drivers’ license for 90 days with the possible option for a restricted license for the last 60 days.
- Upon conviction of a DUI in Arizona, you must serve time in jail. However, with the permission of the court and without objection by the prosecutor you may have some options on how and where to serve your DUI jail sentence. These may include home detention after a certain number of days are served, local jail, and work release so you don’t loose your job.
- Any Arizona aggravated DUI or felony DUI carries the possibility of going to prison from 4 moths to 2 ½ years. An experienced DUI attorney like James Novak may be able to get your case reduced form a felony to a misdemeanor resulting in significantly lower penalties and long term adverse consequences. Additionally, there may be the possibility to keep you from serving prison time on your AZ aggravated felony DUI.
- There are a number of better outcomes that can be obtained for Arizona DUI charges. These include total dismissal of all charges, partial dismissal of charges, reduction in charges, reduction in penalties, or fighting for the bare bones minimum sentence resulting from aggravating factors. The penalties are so sever, that may people give up hope and they feel they are already convicted just because they were arrested and charged. But charged does not mean “conviction”. You are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. This may be tough to comprehend, even if you gave an admission or had a high blood alcohol concentration (BAC) reading. However, experienced and proven Arizona drunk driving lawyers like James Novak will carefully evaluate your case; gather and examine all the evidence; tailor and build a solid DUI defense strategy; and challenge the prosecution’s evidence. Evidence that is fair to be challenged includes but is not limited to the illegality of the stop, police qualifications, any violations of your constitutional rights, police procedure, and equipment maintenance & calibration.
- Not all courts and prosecution are the same. Conclusions for DUI charges processed through the criminal justice system in Arizona differ. While it is a fact that Arizona State DUI law is the same and applies to all courts in Arizona, all outcomes are not the same. Your DUI outcome can be significantly influenced by your choice of DUI defense attorneys, and strength of your DUI defense. James Novak will look for and challenge weaknesses in the prosecution’s evidence. He will make every effort to find exculpatory evidence (evidence in your favor) and present compelling arguments to educate the prosecution and court regarding your DUI defense. A good Arizona DUI defense lawyer such as James Novak, with many years of DUI winning trial experience may be able to challenge your evidence and get some or all the charges dismissed prior to trial.
- Some Arizona Judges rule differently on evidentiary matters. If applicable to the facts of your case, James Novak will have your DUI blood sample tested by an independent crime lab on call. Some prosecutors may be open to negotiations if The Law Office of James Novak gets a lower blood alcohol (BAC) reading based on the results of the defense retest. In most cases an experienced Arizona DUI trial lawyer like James Novak can anticipate how the court and prosecution might generally react to a particular defense strategy, your case and evidence as it is presented. It does matter if your Arizona DUI case is handled in Tempe City Court, Gilbert City Court, Mesa City Court, Chandler City Court, Scottsdale City Court or Phoenix City Court.
- Hiring the best Arizona DUI lawyer can make the difference between a conviction with a lengthy jail sentence verses the possibility of a dismissal or getting the charges and penalties drastically reduced. The last item on the list is up to you. The biggest key to a strong defense and successful outcome is “early retention” of your private practice AZ DUI defense attorney. You will need to be proactive and consult the Law Office of James Novak as soon as possible if you face active Arizona DUI charges by calling (480) 413-1499. If you go unrepresented or do not hire a private practice DUI attorney in Arizona. The prosecution expects to get a swift and harsh conviction against you. You must be prepared and have a voice in the system by retaining the Law Office of James Novak to fight for your future and your freedom.
If you have been charged with a crime contact James Novak of the Law Office of James Novak, PLLC at (480) 413-1499 to discuss your matter. You can speak directly with Attorney James Novak. He offers a free consultation for charges in Phoenix, Mesa, Tempe, Chandler, Scottsdale and Gilbert AZ.The Law Office of James Novak’s Commitment to Your Drunk Driving Defense in Arizona
More Exclusive AZ DUI Defense Resources You Won’t Find Anywhere Else!
In addition to your FREE initial consultation for your AZ DUI charges, you can find more exclusive DUI defense help, tips, and legal information at www.arizonacriminaldefenselawyer.com:
1. Watch FREE DUI Defense videos for Defense Tips and AZ DUI law information.
2. Download all three FREE DUI Winning Defense Strategy E-Books written by James Novak, AZ DUI & Criminal Defense Lawyer.
3. Visit the Law Office of James Novak’s FREE AZ DUI defense blog www.phoenixduilawyerblog.com. Remain confidential, with No Sign-up or Log-in required.
4. Visit the Law Office of James Novak’s FREE AZ criminal defense blog at www.arizonacriminaldefenselattorneyblog.com. Remain confidential, with NO Sign-up or Log-in required.
5. Read about other important AZ DUI Defense topics at the following links:
- Extreme DUI
- Super Extreme DUI
- Second DUI
- Drug DUI
- Felony DUI
- Accident DUI
- Mesa AZ DUI Lawyer
- Tempe AZ DUI Lawyer
- Gilbert AZ DUI Lawyer
- Phoenix AZ DUI Lawyer
- Chandler AZ DUI Lawyer
- Scottsdale AZ DUI Lawyer
- Ahwatukee Foothills DUI lawyer
- East Valley AZ DUI Lawyer
- Maricopa County DUI Lawyer
- Arizona DUI Lawyer
**All Arizona Laws are subject to change. Also, every case has it’s own unique set of circumstances. The information in this content may or may not apply to your particular circumstances. For current and updated DUI laws or help surrounding your active DUI charges, contact the Law Office of James Novak for your initial consultation. Up to date information will be provided if your DUI charges are active in Maricopa County, you are in pre-trial phase, and you have not retained legal representation for your DUI charges.