The Law Office of James Novak provides legal representation to clients who have been accused or charged with felony and misdemeanor drug crimes.
Experienced Drug Crimes Defense Lawyer
As a criminal defense lawyer, James Novak defends those in the Greater Phoenix area including Phoenix, Tempe, Mesa, Gilbert, Scottsdale and Chandler Arizona who are facing drug charges. James Novak is a Former Prosecutor who understands and is extremely familiar with state drug laws, prosecutors, Arizona courts systems, & most importantly drug crimes defenses.
As an experienced lawyer, James Novak has successfully defended hundreds of drug cases for clients charged with a wide range of drug offenses including but not limited to the following:
- Drug possession – This drug crimes includes marijuana possession and possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of cocaine, methamphetamines (meth), heroin, narcotics, and Oxycontin or other Oxycodone drug without a valid prescription.
- Drug distribution or drug trafficking – This drug crime includes the selling or distributing any illegal or prescription drugs without a valid prescription, as well includes conspiracy to distribute or sell drugs.
- Prescription fraud – Also known as illegal schemes and artifices as well as prosecutions under Arizona Consumer Fraud Act and Racketeering statutes. This type of crime usually involves phony prescriptions, forged prescriptions, and trying to have valid prescriptions filled at numerous pharmacies.
- Drug manufacturing - including growing and cultivating marijuana and other drug crops, as well as manufacturing methamphetamines. This is also known as operating a meth labs or meth house.
- Drug Sales or Possession with Intent to sell
- Drug DUI – including use of valid prescription drugs or illegal drugs
In Arizona, the conviction and sentence for possession or use of an illegal drug or prescription drug without a valid prescription can impact your job, family, housing, family, and freedom. As an experienced criminal attorney, James Novak provides a strong defense for drug crimes, including but not limited to the following:
- Possession of Marijuana
- Possession of Marijuana for sale or intent to sell
- Transportation of Marijuana
- Trafficking Marijuana
- Possession of Dangerous Drugs (Methamphetamine)
- Possession of Dangerous Drugs for sale or intent to sell
- Transportation of Dangerous Drugs
- Trafficking Dangerous Drugs
- Illegally possessing a prescription
- Possession of Narcotic Drugs (crack, cocaine)
- Possession of Narcotic Drugs for sale
- Transportation of Narcotic Drugs
- Trafficking Narcotic Drugs
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
Possession of Drugs
Penalties for drug possession offense may be impacted by :
- Amount of the substance or drug
- How the drug is classified under Arizona Law
- Reasons why the drugs were in the suspect’s possession or the intended purpose of them: sale, use or manufacturing
- The defendant’s Criminal history
- Strength of facts and evidence of drug offense
The larger the amount of drugs found in a person’s possession, the greater the perception by law enforcement that the purpose of possessing it is for sales or distribution.
Therefore, if you face drug possession charges, the prosecution will work to establish the quantity found in your possession.
This is despite the fact that you did or did not actually distribute the drug.
If you face any type of drug possession charges in Maricopa County, call James Novak, of the Law Office of James Novak, PLLC. James Novak is a former prosecutor with a vast amount of drug crimes litigation experience. He is highly skilled in defending drug charges. Call the Law Office of James Novak at (480) 413-1499 today if you have been arrested for any drug crimes and have active charges in Phoenix, Mesa, Tempe, Chandler, Gilbert, or Scottsdale AZ. Speak with James Novak directly and obtain your free initial consultation.
The Law Office of James Novak proudly serves clients valley-wide. His office is located conveniently in Tempe, Arizona right off of US 60 and Rural Road cross streets, Mr. Novak serves criminal cases in municipal and state courts in Phoenix, Tempe, Scottsdale, Gilbert, Chandler, Mesa and the surrounding areas or Arizona. If you need a criminal defense attorney, please visit this website Contact page and contact him at (480) 413-1499.