Felony Theft Classifications in Arizona
The monetary value of property stolen determines the classification of the felony that will be charged. Below is a summary of Felony Theft Classifications:
- $1,000 + but under $2,000.00 (Class 6 - Least severe penalties)
- $2,000 + but under $3,000 (Class 5)
- $3,000 + but under $4,000 (Class 4)
- $4,000 + but under $25,000.00 (Class 3)
- $25 000 or more (Class 2 - Most severe penalties)
- Theft of a vehicle engine or transmission is a Class 4 felony, regardless of the value of that vehicle, engine or transmission;
- $1,000 or under (Class 6 Felony) if the property that was stolen was a gun or firearm; or
- $1,000 or under (Class 6 Felony) if the property stolen was an animal stolen for the purpose of using the animal for fighting.
When the value of stolen property equals or exceeds $100,000.00, the defendants will be ineligible for sentencing suspension; probation; pardon; or release from prison; except under the terms of 31-233, (A) or (B) until the:
- Prison term imposed is completed; or
- Person is eligible for release; or
- Sentence is commuted
Lawyer for Theft Charge Defense Phoenix AZ
If you face any type theft charges, especially if it is a felony, you should consult an experienced criminal defense attorney to discuss your matter and options for defense. The most effective way to utilize any defenses for your charges is to retain legal representation by a private practice who frequently defends felony theft charges. The Law Office of James Novak, is a qualified private practice criminal defense firm. James Novak, is a former prosecutor, and experienced trial attorney who exclusively defends criminal and DUI charges. He is familiar with the criminal justice system; rules of criminal procedure; laws, and defenses need to represent you. If retained, James Novak, Attorney at Law, will personally defend your charges, protect your rights; work to get your charges dismissed; and if pursue the best possible outcome in your case.
If you "Like" this web page and found it helpful, please let us know with "+1".
Feel Free to subscribe and "Share"!