Welcome to Law News, where you will find current newsworthy articles related to criminal defense and DUI law and legal topics, to keep you informed. The Law office of James Novak is committed to keeping you updated on important changes in criminal and DUI laws and important law related news topics in Arizona.
Law Office of James Novak. If you have been arrested or charged with a crime or any DUI matter in Arizona, call (480) 413 -1499 for a free consultation with no obligations.
- How to Avoid Dangers of High BAC and Extreme DUI in Summer Months Excessive drinking while being exposed to the sun intensifies the effects of alcohol which can lead to injury, high BAC levels and Extreme DUI. This article features 20 alcohol & DUI Safety Tips; 7 Facts about high BAC; Arizona's Extreme DUI Laws; Penalties; and Criminal Defense in Arizona.
- Stalking Laws: 7 Myths and Facts Arizona recently passed new legislation making it easier for individuals to be arrested and charged with stalking. The law includes provisions for a wider range of conduct, and was updated to address stalking offenses related to digital, and wireless communications. Special features covered in this
- Arizona Supreme Court Limits Warrantless Home Searches Under the Fourth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution and the Arizona Constitution, you have a right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures. This means that in most cases, a warrant is required to search your home, with few exceptions. The exceptions include situations where "exigent
- Bonnie and Clyde Style Robberies in Arizona Robberies need not be as epic as Bonnie and Clyde's to be some of the most serious crimes under law. When I heard this story on the local news about "Bonnie and Clyde" style robbery suspects being arrested in Arizona, I stopped to reflect upon an image of "Bonnie and Clyde's" get-away car I had
- Gone in Two Minutes: Burglary of Assault Weapons in Arizona Burglary of firearms of any value is a felony in Arizona; depending on the value and other aggravated circumstances, convictions can result in lifetime prison sentences.. Like something out of the Hollywood movies like "Ocean's 13" or "Gone in 60 Seconds", recently three thieves stole 13 military
- Recent ASU Crime Statistics Released Drug, and Liquor Law Violations Top the List Arizona State University recently released its crime statistics for 2012. The university has four campuses: Tempe, West campus, Polytechnic Campus, downtown Phoenix and ASU Colleges at Lake Havasu City. The report shows crime statistics for 2010, 2011,
- Tempe Police Begin Aggravated Assault, Alcohol Related Crime Sting Tonight High profile recruits brought in from MCSO. Sheriff vows to stay "as long as it takes." Tempe Police resources are stretched past their limits. Residents and students are fed up with living under the threat of increasing violence, and crime. Over the past year, there have been a number of startling
- Tempe, AZ a City under Assault with Crime Assault and related victim crimes carry the most severe penalties of all crimes in Arizona Violent crimes continue to plague Tempe AZ, especially on, and near Arizona State University (ASU). Tempe Police reported #911 and other calls for help had increased by 97 percent in 2012 over 2011, and
- US Supreme Court Rules No Warrant Needed to Collect DNA if Arrested Impact of Maryland v. King Ruling on Arizona: What it gives and what it takes. Privacy rights were outweighed by law enforcement interests in the United States Supreme Court's June 3rd ruling in Maryland v. King. In this case, the Court was divided 5-4 over the question of DNA sample collection. All
- Will Tough Arizona DUI Laws Get Even Tougher? How National Agency's Recommendations Will Impact Arizona Drivers Arizona has tough DUI laws. They may get tougher, but not by much. The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB), an independent federal agency, recently recommended, among other things, that the blood alcohol threshold be dropped
- Phoenix to Conduct Largest Gun Buyback Program in City's History The Mayor of Phoenix AZ recently announced plans for the largest Gun Buyback Program to be held in May 2013. It is being funded by an anonymous donation of $100,000.00. A Gun Buyback Program is an organized jurisdictional effort to compensate gun owners in return for their guns. The goal is to take
- AZ Drug DUI Arrests Increase in 2012 “Use of Prescription Medication an Epidemic and DUI hazard” The National Center for Disease Control (CDC) describes use of prescription medication as an epidemic and the fastest-growing drug problem in the Country. It is said that more teens are using prescription medicine than cocaine,
- The US Supreme Court to Hear Landmark DNA Evidence Case The Verdict could have national impact on when law enforcement can collect DNA evidence from suspects. On November 9, 2012, the United States Supreme Court agreed to hear a criminal DNA testing case, Maryland v. King (12-207), which could result in nation-wide impacts. The defendant’s DNA
The content posted on this website is intended to provide general information only. It is not intended as specific legal advice. You should not rely upon this information alone. It is strongly recommended that you consult proper resources for any particular subject matter needed that may apply to your situation. You are encouraged to consult or obtain assistance from a competent service professional, legal counsel or Attorney regarding the application of the laws and regulations, procedures and protocol that may apply to your specific case or circumstances. Laws, application and interpretation of laws may vary significantly in different states and jurisdictions. The verification of all information and its legal bearing is the sole responsibility of the reader or visitor to the website. The opinions expressed in the news and law articles may contain positions and viewpoints that are not necessarily those of the Law Office of James Novak, or James Novak, Attorney at Law. The Law Office of James Novak and James Novak Attorney at Law disclaims any liability for any adverse effects of use or misuse of any information contained in its blogs, articles or news content. The Law Office of James Novak or James Novak, Attorney at Law, intent is to make already available public material, information and laws related to a variety of law or other topics and issues in the news; and to introduce issues in order to generate discussion and increase awareness of a particular topic or subject matter.