Welcome to Law Articles where you will find the latest criminal defense and DUI related tips, helpful hints, and educational law articles to introduce information and heightened awareness of important legal topics and laws.
This is being brought to you by the Law Office of James Novak. If you have been charged or arrested in Arizona for a crime or DUI, call (480) 413 -1499 for your free consultation with no obligations, and speak with experienced criminal and DUI attorney James Novak.
- Prescription Drug DUI – Laws, and Defenses Driving under the influence of a legal drug in Arizona is not solely a defense for DUI. Last year, the Arizona Department of Public Safety revealed that prescription drugs were increasingly being found in the blood and urine tests of individuals who have been pulled over or arrested in Arizona and
- Rights to Confront Your Accuser in Criminal Charges The correct way to confront your accuser as afforded under the 6th Amendment of the US Constitution. Your Legal Rights to Confront Your Accuser or Witness A defendant has many rights under the State and US Constitution. The 6th Amendment of the US Constitution affords the accused of the right to
- Disorderly Conduct Charges: Why they are often challenged and dismissed Disorderly Conduct also known as "disturbing the peace", is one of the most common criminal offenses. In 2011, police made 17,537 arrests for this offense in Arizona, making it the 4th most common offense in the state. Most are charged as Class 1 Misdemeanors, which carries a jail sentence. But
- Methamphetamine (Meth): The overshadowed truth Arizona remains a hub for Meth crimes. Get the facts. Know the consequences.. Throughout 2012, Marijuana laws, and offenses capitalized the news media, and social websites. However, there are other dangerous, illegal drugs, and controlled substances that continue to be used, possessed, manufactured,
- Arizona Teens Hospitalized for Overdosing on Synthetic Marijuana Although imitation Marijuana is readily available, it is still illegal to use or sell in Arizona Synthetic Marijuana Facts On Thursday November 23, 2012 local media outlets reported three incidents of synthetic Marijuana poison by high school students from two different schools in Southern AZ. Two
- Judge denies murder suspect's request to represent himself at trial "Request made 'unknowingly'; defendant lacked ability to adequately mount a defense" – says Judge On October 9, 2012, the Superior Court Judge in Maricopa County denied Michael Lee Crane's request to represent himself at trial. Crane is accused three violent robberies and homicides in the
- October – National Domestic Violence Awareness Month October 2012 marks the 25th anniversary of the observance of National Domestic Violence Awareness Month. Every nine seconds a woman in the United States is beaten. Three women a day in the USA lose their lives. But victims are not limited to women. Victims can be men, children, brothers, sisters,
- DUI Charges: 5 Reasons Why You Need Legal Representation •The Laws in Arizona for DUI are strict, harsh, and frequently changing. If you are unrepresented, you are held to the same standard as an experienced criminal defense attorney. This means you will be held responsible for meeting time lines, filing appropriate motions, challenging your charges
- Truth-in Sentencing Laws: How they impact actual time served by inmates Truth-in Sentencing Laws Arizona Truth-in-Sentencing Laws were passed in 1993 pursuant to Senate Bill 1049, by the Arizona State Legislature. The laws revised Arizona Criminal Code the Truth-in-Sentencing Statutes under ARS § 13 – 101.7. The revised laws effected offenders who committed
- United States v. Grant, III: 9th Circuit Court of Appeals Reverses Conviction. *No Probable Cause to Search Prohibited Possessor's Home for Weapon* On June 11, 2012, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals reversed and remanded a conviction involving a firearm found at the home of a prohibited processor (felon). In order for the search to be constitutional under the Fourth Amendment
The content posted on this website is intended to provide general information only. It is not intended as specific legal advice. You should not rely upon this information alone. It is strongly recommended that you consult proper resources for any particular subject matter needed that may apply to your situation. You are encouraged to consult or obtain assistance from a competent service professional, legal counsel or Attorney regarding the application of the laws and regulations, procedures and protocol that may apply to your specific case or circumstances. Laws, application and interpretation of laws may vary significantly in different states and jurisdictions. The verification of all information and its legal bearing is the sole responsibility of the reader or visitor to the website. The opinions expressed in the news and law articles may contain positions and viewpoints that are not necessarily those of the Law Office of James Novak, or James Novak, Attorney at Law. The Law Office of James Novak and James Novak Attorney at Law disclaims any liability for any adverse effects of use or misuse of any information contained in its blogs, articles or news content. The Law Office of James Novak or James Novak, Attorney at Law, intent is to make already available public material, information and laws related to a variety of law or other topics and issues in the news; and to introduce issues in order to generate discussion and increase awareness of a particular topic or subject matter.