Domestic Violence Relationship Defined
Aggravated Domestic Violence Charges | Domestic Relationships Defined | Domestic Violence Defense Attorney
Aggravated Domestic Violence Charges
Domestic Violence Charges basically are assault charges, involving “domestic” relations ships. Arizona Law A.R.S. § 13.3601. The Law includes a broad range of relationships that fall within domestic violence categories.
Aggravated domestic violence is a class 5 felony. “Aggravated” means that the criminal charges of Domestic Violence have been elevated to felony under Arizona Law A.R.S. § 13.3601.02. Domestic Violence charges are raised to Aggravated Domestic Violence charges for repeat offenses of Misdemeanor Domestic Violence Convictions; when “A person commits a third or subsequent violation of domestic violence offense within 7 years or 84 months.
- What to do if you face Aggravated Domestic Violence Charges
- Aggravated Domestic Violence Penalties
- Domestic Violence Crimes
- Defenses for Aggravated Domestic Violence | Assault Charges
Domestic Violence Relationships in Arizona
Arizona Revised Statutes § 13.3601 Defines Domestic Relationships as violence against:
- Current Spouse;
- Former Spouse;
- Domestic relationship;
- Former spouses;
- Former civil partners;
- Children living with you or not living with you;
- Elderly persons living with you;
- Persons you are dating;
- Persons with whom you have a child or step child;
- Brother or sister;
- Brother-in-law or sister-in-law;
- Anyone, including family or no-family member;
- Any family member;
- Persons with whom you have engaged in romantic or intimate relationship;
Other factors will be considered by the court when whether the relationship between the victim and the defendant is currently or was previously a romantic or sexual relationship:
- Nature and type of relationship;
- Length of the relationship.
- Frequency and extent of interaction between the victim and the defendant.
- Status of relationship including the length of time since the relationship termination.
Aggravated Domestic Violence (Felony) Defense Attorney, Mesa AZ
Domestic violence charges or Domestic Assault in Arizona are prosecuted egregiously by State. It is important that you seek experienced criminal defense representation for your matter. The penalties for conviction are severe, and may result in lengthy prison sentencing. The Law Office of James Novak defends Domestic Violence and Assault charges on a regular basis. James Novak, Attorney at Law, will review your case to determine if justifiable defenses exist that can be used to defend your case. If retained, the Law Office of James Novak, will protect your rights, and pursue the best possible outcome in your matter. Call today for your Free Consultation with James Novak, experienced DUI & Criminal Defense Attorney in Maricopa County. The Law Office of James Novak serves cities of Tempe, Phoenix,Mesa, Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Scottsdale, AZ Call now for your free consultation at (480) 413-1499.
If you “Like” this article please let us know! Feel Free to subscribe and “Share”!
Law Office of James Novak
4500 S. Lakeshore Drive
Tempe AZ 85282
Arizona DUI & Criminal Defense Firm