The Law Office of James Novak provides legal representation to clients who have been accused or charged with felony and misdemeanor drug crimes.
Experienced Drug Crimes Defense Lawyer
As a criminal defense lawyer, James Novak defends those in the Greater Phoenix area including Phoenix, Tempe, Mesa, Gilbert, Scottsdale and Chandler Arizona who are facing drug charges. James Novak is a Former Prosecutor who understands and is extremely familiar with state drug laws, prosecutors, Arizona courts systems, & most importantly drug crimes defenses.
As an experienced lawyer, James Novak has successfully defended hundreds of drug cases for clients charged with a wide range of drug offenses including but not limited to the following:
- Drug possession – This drug crimes includes marijuana possession and possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of cocaine, methamphetamines (meth), heroin, narcotics, and Oxycontin or other Oxycodone drug without a valid prescription.
- Drug distribution or drug trafficking – This drug crime includes the selling or distributing any illegal or prescription drugs without a valid prescription, as well includes conspiracy to distribute or sell drugs.
- Prescription fraud – Also known as illegal schemes and artifices as well as prosecutions under Arizona Consumer Fraud Act and Racketeering statutes. This type of crime usually involves phony prescriptions, forged prescriptions, and trying to have valid prescriptions filled at numerous pharmacies.
- Drug manufacturing - including growing and cultivating marijuana and other drug crops, as well as manufacturing methamphetamines. This is also known as operating a meth labs or meth house.
- Drug Sales or Possession with Intent to sell
- Drug DUI – including use of valid prescription drugs or illegal drugs
In Arizona, the conviction and sentence for possession or use of an illegal drug or prescription drug without a valid prescription can impact your job, family, housing, family, and freedom. As an experienced criminal attorney, James Novak provides a strong defense for drug crimes, including but not limited to the following:
- Possession of Marijuana
- Possession of Marijuana for sale or intent to sell
- Transportation of Marijuana
- Trafficking Marijuana
- Possession of Dangerous Drugs (Methamphetamine)
- Possession of Dangerous Drugs for sale or intent to sell
- Transportation of Dangerous Drugs
- Trafficking Dangerous Drugs
- Illegally possessing a prescription
- Possession of Narcotic Drugs (crack, cocaine)
- Possession of Narcotic Drugs for sale
- Transportation of Narcotic Drugs
- Trafficking Narcotic Drugs
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
Drug Possession Charges & PunishmentPunishment for drug crimes depends on many factors including:
- The quantity of the Drug
- The drugs classification
- The purpose of the drugs possession, sale, use or manufacturing
- The defendant’s Criminal history
- Strength of facts and evidence of drug offense
As a criminal defense law firm, James Novak has found that the top drug crimes are producing, manufacturing, or selling drugs in Arizona. Possession of drugs with the intent to distribute them is a serious crime, and prosecutors attempt to show intent to distribute by establishing the quantity of the drug you possessed. This is despite the fact that you did or did not actually distribute the drug.
In Arizona, a drug offense conviction can result in mandatory prison time with the sentence increasing based on the drug crime factors. If you’ve been charged with felony drug possession, trafficking, or sales you may be sentenced to fines, probation, community service, counseling and prison if convicted. As a drug crimes lawyer who is a former prosecutor Mr. Novak can provide an immediate drug crime defense and work towards a dismissal or reduction of sentence and charge. Call today for your free consultation with an experienced Attorney, James Novak, if your are facing drug related criminal charges.
To avoid the harsh sentences that come along with a drug crime conviction, Contact Criminal Defense Attorney James Novak today to discuss your drug charges and receive your free consultation.
The Law Office of James Novak proudly serves clients valley-wide. His office is located conveniently in Tempe, Arizona right off of US 60 and Rural Road cross streets, Mr. Novak serves criminal cases in municipal and state courts in Phoenix, Tempe, Scottsdale, Gilbert, Chandler, Mesa and the surrounding areas or Arizona. If you need a criminal defense attorney, please visit this website Contact page and contact him at (480) 413-1499.